WHAT: Chicago River Environmental Awareness Paddle
WHEN: Saturday, September 15th
1:30 pm to 5 pm
Registration and safety talk at 1:30 pm
Paddle starts at 2 pm
HOW: BY BOAT
WHERE: Launch from behind Lawrence Fisheries
Cermak and Canal
Pull out at Richard J. Daley Park @ Western Ave. under I-55
(north of 35th & Western Ave)
WHO: YOU and the Little Village Environmental Justice Organization and PERRO (Pilsen Environmental Rights and Reform Organization )along with Chicago River Canoe and Kayak
· What do you know about the environmental impact of dirty industry on the South Branch of the Chicago River?
· Ever canoed or kayaked on the Chicago River? Want to do it (again)?
· Want to learn about community victories and future plans from the folks that shut down the Fisk and Crawford Coal Plants?
Boats: $25 PER BOAT
Types of boats:
· Single kayaks (1 person) - $25
· Tandem kayaks (2 people) - $25
· Canoes (2-3 people) - $25
Payment: Cash, Check, Credit
· No youth under 14
· Youth 14-17 must be accompanied by parent or other adult in a boat.
· Single kayaks only available to ages 18+.
To RSVP contact LVEJO at email@example.com
-via LVEJO and PERRO
-photo credit: vxla, flickr